Well, it had to happen at some point, I think I’m now classing myself as an Adult. A number of events recently, culminating in my ordering of a subscription to National Geographic Magazine, and switching from Moyles to Wogan in the morning. I shall have to fetch out a pipe and slippers soon. Anyway, this list will help you identify if you’re no longer ‘of the youth’.
- You have friends who have kids.
- Naps are a good thing.
- You actually buy scarves, gloves, and sunscreen.
- Driving a car doesn’t always sound like fun.
- The only thing in your cereal box is … cereal.
- Your idea of the best Friday night out is one out in the Garden with a nice beer/glass of wine.
- The local supermarket no longer asks for ID when you buy alcohol.
- When snacking out, you choose Starbucks over McDonalds because it has a much calmer atmosphere.
- Your parents treat you as an equal.
- Financial matters consume several evenings a month.
- You look in the surveillance camera monitor at the convenience store, wonder who that guy is standing at the counter with the bald spot, and then realize it is a shot of you from behind.
- Its not a surprise that politicians philander.
- You use the term ‘The Youth of Today’.
Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments box below – I’ll try and look out for them on my own meandering journey through life.